Friday, July 31, 2015

Going to School:Update

NTHS certificate
NTHS inductees




      I have been going to school to earn my college associates degree for the past two years and I can say that I am nearing completion. When I am finished I will have an associates degree in accounting. I have been told that getting a degree in accounting is one of the hardest ones to get but so far I have had really not much of a problem. I have kept my grades up and I have been accepted in two honor societies, NTHS (National Technical Honor Society), and Phi Theta Kappa. I was also chosen to be a marshal at this years graduation.
     As of now I only have 7 more classes to go Acc115, Eng165, Bus121 which I am taking the coming semester and then I have to take Acc230, Acc150, Acc240, and Bus 140. I am hopeful that all the classes will be offered for the Spring 2016 semester. I know that three of them are suppose to but I am not sure about one of them, the Acc150 class.
     Most, or should I say half of my classes have been online classes. I am a full-time wife and mother, I also have a part time job so juggling everything can be a bit of a challenge at times (especially at a certain time of the month) online classes make it easier to do a lot of it. One thing I like about taking online classes I can be at home with my daughter not worry about finding a sitter this is especially good during the summer, because I take summer classes in the hopes of finishing my degree faster. I also take classes during the summer because I had a Pell grant and I normally have enough left over to take two more classes during the summer to use up the money.
     So far I have attained a GPA of 3.8, keep in mind that 4.0 is perfect. When I graduated from high school in 1988 there was no such thing as a GPA. Honestly I had no idea what it was, it took me a while but I figured it out how a GPA is calculated and I can say that I am very proud of my GPA. I mean I am 45 years old, and I will be 46 when I receive my degree I think I am going pretty well.

Phi Theta Kappa inductees
Marshal at the 2015 graduation ceremony

No comments:

Post a Comment