Tuesday, January 25, 2011

What a flower!!!!!


This is a bulb that I got as a birthday gift. I could not believe that it eventually got 8 flowers on it. It is my hope that I will be able to build a big inventory and sell them within a few years. This flower is a Minerva amaryllis. I currently have another one in bloom. The package said the flower was suppose to be Apple blossom, which is a flower with pink in it. Well it bloomed and it is pure white. What a beautiful flower. A can't wait until I see the other flowers. I just hope that they have a seed pod so that I can grow more flowers. It is suppose to be very hard to grow a bulb from seeds I have not had any problems, true I lost a few that first year, but it was my first attempt. I can't wait until they bloom, especially the seeds I started two years ago. It is suppose to take an amaryllis seed at least five years before the bulb is large enough for it to produce a flower.

No comments:

Post a Comment