Thursday, September 16, 2010

Untruthful telemarketers

I understand that telemarketers , or those people that call you at the worst possible times are just doing their job, but give me a break. This one company called me asking for money. I told them I was unemployed and had been for several years. The person kept on asking me to give $100 or more for their congressional candidate that was running for reelection in congress. "Our candidate really needs your support," that is what the person said over the phone. It was a good pitch the only problem is the candidate is not from my state, not even in my time zone. And they want me to give them $100 and I know the money is going to be used to pay the people calling me, and aggravating me. Yes I have done the research on these things that is where the money goes. Most if not all of the money people give to so called charities or the like is used to pay the people doing the calling. I have given in the past, but only is the amount I gave was tax deductible. If the person said it was and wasn't I would not send the money. One time they called me and asked why I had not sent the money I simply told them them "You lied to me about it being tax deductible so I guess I lied to you about me sending it. Take me off you list, because I do not trust your organization to tell me the truth."

No comments:

Post a Comment