Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Second Mammogram results

     I went for my second mammogram yesterday afternoon and the results were that there was nothing there. I seems that I have what is called dense breast tissue and finding a lump or something out of the ordinary is often harder than normal. The doctor informed me that it might be in my best interest to have a 3D mammogram done next year. I was told that this makes it easier to find a lump of any kind if there is one there in the first place, plus is will make it less likely for a second trip if by some chance the breast tissue decided to clump together again.
     The mammogram technician yesterday informed me that when the mammogram was taken the "lump" actually spread out and dispersed, if it was an actual lump this would have not happened. The doctor also asked me several questions that could determine what my chances are of developing breast cancer before the age of 90, my rate was 14.1 %. She said anything over 20% is when they take extra precautions. So I am safer than the average person, at least until I am 90, which is quite a while from now.

No comments:

Post a Comment